Career Guidance and Placement Cell of the College is an initiative which provides employment opportunities for students. It plays vital role to make the students aware of career opportunities, emerging professional trends, events job profiles and leadership etc.
The purpose of this cell is to counsel students and provide employment-readiness services that will meet the demands of a highly skilled workforce, thus creating interest and professionalism in the students.
- We organized, Career Fair and Pradarshani on 6/12/2012
Resource Persons: Shri. Anand Mapuskar(Competitive Exams)
Dr. Prasad Devdhar(Rural Entrepreneurship)
Shri. Arun More(Merchant Navy)
Chief Guest- Dr. Harish Parulekar, Dr. Shobha Patkar, Dr. Rahul Walawalkar
- We organized, Career Guidance Programme in cooperation with Ideal Coaching Classes on 18th June, 2014. Mr. Prakash Monani, Project Head, Ideal Coaching Classes; Prof. Amol Chandanse, Commerce Faculty and Prof. Prasad Tamhankar, Science Faculty addressed students about Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary Courses and their entrance examinations in detail.
- Campus drive was organized on 24th of August 2014 in cooperation with Rotary Club, Malvan. ITM Edutech Training Pvt Ltd. visited our college for this campus recruitment for giving Retail Banking Sales Management opportunities in ICICI Bank. Six students were selected in this campus recruitment out of 80 students appeared for the interview and online examination.
- Campus drive was organised with support of ITM Edutech Training Pvt. Ltd. Mr. Sangram Deshmukh conducted campus interviews for Sales Management opportunities in ICICI Bank. 50 students appeared for the interview and online examination and four students were selected for the next round.
- In August, 2015 we organised two programmes for TYBA and TYBCom students on ‘Career Opportunities in Insurance Sector’ with LIC, Malvan. Mr. R. B. Tamgaonkar, Manager, LIC, Malvan, addressed students about various job profiles in LIC, Goal Setting, benefits of LIC jobs, etc. Development Officer, Mr. Shailesh Pawaskar, spoke on various skills to be acquired by students. Mr. Jagsdish Kharade, LIC Consultant shared his success story with the students.
- On 20th November, 2015, we conducted ‘Investment Guidance Workshop’ in collaboration with Bombay Stock Exchange. Corporate speaker and Investment consultant Mr. Prafull Pawar, Mumbai, guided students on investment in different sector, Savings, returns on investment, during the first session. Second session was leaded by Ms. Milan Mestri, Advisor, Consumer Guidance Society, Mumbai. She enlightened the students on Consumer Rights, ways of grievances and redressal, etc.
- We organised Career Guidance Programme in cooperation with ZEAL Institute, Pune, on 16th January, 2016. Prof. Ashish Vyas explained the importance of skills, professional education and career. Prof. Rajesh Kashyap addressed students about opportunities after MBA, MCA and competitive exams, the nature of these courses and their entrance examinations in detail.
- Seven students of TYBCom participated in ‘Skill Fair’ organised by Shivaji University, Kolhapur, on 3rd March, 2016, wherein they learnt various soft skills required to get job opportunity.
- On 4th August 2016 we organized a workshop on ‘How to manage money’ in collaboration with National Stock Exchange Corporate Speaker and Investment consultant Mr. Prafull Pawar, Mumbai and Mr. Vikrant Sindal.
- One day workshop on ‘Memory Techniques’ in collaboration with Lions Club, Malvan was organized on 16th August 2016. Mind and memory trainer Shri. Ajay Darekar guided FYBCOM students.
- On 19th November 2016, Lecture on ‘Different Career Opportunities for Junior College Students’ was given by Dr. S. V. Geersagar.
- On 18th December 2016 a lecture was organized in collaboration with Konkan Mitra Manch on ‘How to get jobs in Banking and Government Sector’
- Nimbus Academy, Mumbai and Appicon consultancy gave a presentation on Job Opportunities and Training in Film and Television Programmes, for Junior College students on 6th January 2017.
- Alumni Association organized a guest lecture of Miss. Padmaja Chavhan, DYSP, Kankvali alongwith the cell on 17th January 2017.
- On 23rd January, 2017, we organized Career Guidance Programme in cooperation with ZEAL Institute, Pune for opportunities in MBA and MCA, guided by Prof. Vyas and Prof. Kashyap.
- We conducted the workshop on Career Guidance & Employability Skills for our college students on 7th February 2021 in collaboration with Garware Institute of Career Education & Development, University of Mumbai.
- Career Katta
||Prof. Sumedha Naik
||Prof. S. P. Khobare
||Prin. Dr. S. B. Mandale
||Prof. S. P. Khobare
||Prof. S. S. Pawar